Performing with Integrity to Inspire

Performing with Integrity to Inspire

Email

Want to join the Project Dance mailing list? Enter your email address below!

Info

Project Dance envisions the day when every dancer is nurtured to their fullest human potential for their own well being and their contribution to our world. Our mission is to bring hope and healing to culture through the universal language of dance.Since the Foundation’s inception in 1996 and its incorporation in 2003, it has thrived as a 100% volunteer organization that serves more than 1500 dancers worldwide.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Meeting Darlene was a joy!


A few years ago I had the amazing honor of facilitating a couple of dance lectures and classes at the annual Hillsong Worship Conference in Sydney Australia. This once in a lifetime invitation remains one of my greatest memories. Not only did I have the opportunity to take in evening sessions with 20,000 worship leaders from around the world but I got to sit on the second row. Can you believe it? I couldn't. Each night I found myself on my knees thanking God for giving me such a wonderful gift.

My good friend Michelle Leaney arranged my visit and took such good care of me the entire week. She's the dance pastor at Hillsong and has served there for more than 20 years now.

Throughout the week the church's worship leader, Darlene Zschech was very busy. I'm not sure how many sessions and lectures actually took place that week but suffice it to say-Darlene was present for most of them. She was an amazing host. In fact, on the last day of the conference she opened her home to the entire staff. What a surprise! Michelle said, Cheryl, let's go-we've been invited to Darlene's home. Uh, ok!

As we drove up to her beautiful home and walked inside you could actually feel the Love of God. She was very welcoming and took time to speak to anyone and everyone. I was a little embarrassed to ask for a photo right there in her house but "I did it". Here it is and I do cherish it. Some people cherish their photos with hollywood celebrities. I have some of those from my Rockette days. Me and Liza-Me and Larry King-Me and Diane Sawyer-Me and Kenny G-Me and Sting-Me and The Donald. But, I'm not even sure where those photos are right now. But, here is my picture with Darlene.

I will always remember my time at Hillsong as one of the greatest events to ever take place in my life. I hope to be back there again and again.

Cheryl Cutlip

No comments:

Post a Comment